Enjoy the clear advantages of Invisalign over conventional braces in Phoenix, AZ
The Invisalign advantageBraces have been the traditional “go-to” treatment to correct crowded, crooked teeth or problems with how the upper and lower teeth come together when biting down. A system of metal wires threaded through stainless steel brackets are attached to teeth by way of tiny rubber bands or “O-rings.” Together, these components apply the gentle, consistent pressure needed to reposition teeth. Today’s traditional braces are generally smaller and sleeker, and patients may opt for tooth-colored brackets. However, as much as braces have improved, there are still some inherent qualities that many patients, especially active teens, adults, and professionals, may shy away from when it comes to this treatment option. For instance, conventional braces can only be adjusted and removed by your orthodontist. The progression of your treatment depends on the doctor and his or her precise, routine adjustments. On average, braces-wearers must visit the orthodontist about every 6 to 10 weeks, so he or she can make required changes, assess progress, and monitor teeth and gums health. Braces tend to create small spaces between the teeth that trap food particles. These starches and sugars present in foods and drinks promote the formation of bacteria-filled plaque. It can also be a challenge to clean your teeth when wearing braces. Modifications with technique and special products may be required for the effective cleaning that keeps decay and disease away. Braces-wearers need to alter their diets and habits; for instance, sticky and crunchy foods and ice-chewing should be avoided. Emergency visits may be necessary when brackets or wires break. The wires themselves can take some getting used to, as they may rub or poke against delicate cheek tissues. Orthodontic wax or manual adjustments can help, or persistent discomfort may require yet another trip to the dentist’s office.
We are here to helpCall us at: New Patients 888-757-8007 | Existing Patients 480-598-5900 orInvisalign straightens your teeth with aligners, clear dental appliances that resemble night-guards that people who grind their teeth wear when sleeping. Like night-guards, Invisalign aligners are removable. They can be removed for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. Your oral hygiene routine continues without interruption, and there is no additional effort on your part. You can continue to eat favorite foods. Since the aligners are made from transparent, thin plastic customized to fit your teeth snugly, no one notices them. All they see is your straighter teeth and beautiful smile! The, patented thermoplastic used to make your aligner trays is also smooth, so you don’t have to worry about components that irritate your gums and cheeks. Dr. Bhatnagar and her team are happy to provide a glimpse into the Invisalign treatment experience:
Request an Appointment
Request an Appointment
- A consultation with you will result in a digital model of your mouth, so you can view how your teeth will look through every step of treatment. You can see how Invisalign improves your smile and the results of treatment before the first aligner is worn.
- A dental check-up and professional cleaning may be required prior to treatment, just to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy and to avoid unnecessary risks to your oral health.
- Throughout treatment, you’ll wear a series of aligners. Each aligner is worn for around one to two weeks as advised by your dentist.
- You’ll visit BellaVista DentalCare about every four to six weeks to ensure treatment is going as planned.
- To keep treatment on course, wearing aligners as advised is a must. Keep them in your mouth for at least 20 to 22 hours a day.