At BellaVista DentalCare, patients in the community of Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding areas are always encouraged to ask our team of professionals about the advantages of cosmetic dentistry. While most patients may have a healthy smile free from disease and decay, their smile may have imperfections that can make them feel uncomfortable when talking or laughing with others. With the help of Drs. Rashmi Bhatnagar and Dallin Birch, patients have access to a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures that can enhance the appearance of their smile.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Our team describes cosmetic dentistry as procedures that are performed for aesthetic concerns. This may include treatments that disguise problem teeth or cover up areas where a tooth may be chipped or broken. Some of these procedures may also contribute to better oral health and wellness, providing multiple benefits for the patient.
What cosmetic dentistry services are available?
- Porcelain veneers – these are a common solution for patients who have imperfections in the front of their smile. Porcelain veneers are thin ceramic facings that are bonded onto one or more teeth near the front of the smile to change its appearance.
- Composite resin bonding – bonding treatments are often used when patients have concerns such as a chipped tooth or gaps between teeth. This tooth-colored material can be applied to the smile, shaped in place, cured to harden, and polished to look just like natural tooth enamel. This treatment provides same-day enhancement and can last many years with proper care.
- Tooth-colored fillings – patients who have areas of decay may want to avoid the use of metal or gold fillings and replace them with tooth-colored alternatives. These fillings blend in with the natural tooth enamel and will not stand out as a replacement.
- Dental crowns – patients with weak or broken teeth in the smile, especially in the back near the molars, may benefit from placing dental crowns. These ceramic “caps” are custom-created and bonded onto the top of a tooth that has been prepared with the removal of a substantial amount of natural tooth enamel. The crown can last many years with proper care and can blend in with the rest of the smile using color-matching.
- Teeth whitening – brightening the smile is a common request for our patients who have dull or discolored teeth. Our practice offers prescription-strength bleaching gels that can be used along with custom-fabricated trays that are comfortable to use. Patients use the gels in the tray and wear the whitening product for a specific period of time each day to gradually brighten their teeth with less sensitivity than in-office procedures. Patients can use these trays regularly until they achieve the results they desire, and then continue to use as needed to maintain the whitened smile.
- Invisalign orthodontics – for many patients, teeth may benefit from straightening or the bite could use some correction. Our Invisalign braces offer a way to improve the smile’s alignment with clear plastic aligner trays that are custom-created and are far less noticeable than metal bracket-and-wire braces offered by an orthodontist.
- Full mouth reconstruction – patients with many concerns in the smile may want to ask about full mouth reconstruction, in which several treatment options may be combined to create the dream smile patients have always wanted!
Call BellaVista Dental Care today to learn more about cosmetic dentistry procedures!
Drs. Rashmi Bhatnagar and Dallin Birch of Phoenix, AZ are pleased to offer a variety of treatment options for patients to consider when it comes to enhancing their smiles. We encourage patients to call us at [phone] to schedule a consultation visit and initial evaluation to determine what treatments are best for their specific and unique dental needs. We are conveniently located in Suite 104 at 15715 South 46th Street in Phoenix, AZ.